Tuesday, September 1, 2009

12 Month Check-Up

Nick and I took Ella to see Dr. Lacy today for her well baby check-up. Like always, I had my list of questions to ask. He is always so patient with me and answers all of my questions thoroughly. He checked Ella out from top to bottom, she got some shots, then we were on our way. She was such a trooper, like always. She only fusses for about 5 seconds and then she's done. Nick and I make a great team! He holds her down and talks to her so the nurse can give the shots, and I wait patiently behind him with something to calm her down. This time juice did the trick. I always tell Nick, "What juice can't fix, stitches can."

Her stats:
Weight- 17 lbs 12 oz (5th %tile)
Length- 29 in (45th %tile)
Head circumference- 45 1/2 cm (66th %tile)


What she's doing now:
1. walking, walking, more walking and giving me heart attack after heart attack
2. loving her sippy cup (white grape juice or milk)
3. pats her belly on command (it's really funny)
4. drinking whole milk (she has never had formula which is definitely a plus)
5. eats whatever we eat
6. loves drinking from a straw
7. has become quite the social butterfly (she waves to EVERYBODY she sees)
8. she got her first shiner a few days ago when she hit the corner of the table (she was on Nick's watch, not mine) I am kicking myself for not taking a picture, but I'm sure it won't be the last. We have since invested in those tacky but oh so wonderful corner cushions. Nick also installed cabinet latches in the bathroom and kitchen. When she tries to open the cabinet we tell her that it's broken.
9. plays by herself (our house has been completely taken over by toys. The ball pit and learning kitchen are her favs.)
10. dances to music
11. has 9 teeth and another molar coming in
12. If she had a choice she would rather stand up in the basket at the store (her daddy started that. She doesn't have a choice with me.)


I'm sure there are plenty more...
All smiles!! I could just suck her little face!!

2 comments:

The Gapens said...

I'm glad she got a great report and is keeping you guys on your toes!

April said...

Super cute girl!! Love all the pics. She is just so adorable.

You see Dr. Lacy at Memphis Children's. We also go there. Rotate for regular appts. b/t Lacy, Barret, and Phillips. Barrett is who caught Raygan-Elise's serious blood infection and sent to Leboner (sp?). Can't thank him enough!! We are actually late for our 15th month appt. for shots and checkup. Need to go schedule that.