Thursday, April 23, 2009

8 Months And On The Move

Ella Bear (my neighbor's son calls her that) turned 8 months old last Saturday. I literally had to choke back the tears. She is growing way too fast. I have already started thinking about her 1 year birthday party. Crazy...I know, but it will be here and gone before I know it.

**She started crawling today (the real deal) and is still pulling up on anything and everything she can get her little hands on. Every once and awhile she gets brave and lets go. Then she quickly falls on her butt or face.

**She has become quite the little spitfire here lately. When you take something away from her she scrunches her nose and makes the funniest noise.

**Her new toys include the remote, my cell phone, a rubber coaster, and a dvd case.

**Changing her diaper has become an absolute nightmare. She screams so loud, but stops as soon as I pick her up.

**Still only 5 teeth.

**Naps are still going strong, but I wish I could say the same for nightime. She used to sleep 10-12 hours a night. For some reason she's been waking up in the middle of the night. I'm working on that.

** Going out for lunch or dinner has become so easy. As long as she can chew on a pack of crackers, it's all good.

That's it for now.

That girl loves the remote

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I know exactly what you are going through. Matti Grace is doing all of those things too. She has started crawling everywhere. She crawls up to things she knows she is not suppost to have and when you tell her no she looks at you and smiles, knowing that she is going to get into trouble she does it anyway. Everything goes right to her mouth. She is something else.

Ella is too cute.

THE CHITTOMS said...

GO ELLA GO :). What a big girl :). And yesssss one will be here much faster than you want it to be!!! What is it about cell phones and remotes that babies love so much :)??? Let's go to lunch or dinner soon! Love y all!

The Gapens said...

Reed went through a stage where he woke up once at night, and we think it was strictly teething.

It didn't last long, so there is hope! Tylenol or teething tablets worked great for him! She is a doll!

April said...

Love it! She is growing up! and don't worry...I started buying things for Raygan-Elise's first birthday a long time ago. It is now a week away and I'm not ready for it..emotionally or physically! She also screams during diaper change and everytime as she is screaming I say, "Remember our deal, when you decide to go on the potty-I will stop doing this to you." Everyone that hears me laughs.