Friday, March 19, 2010

99%

Sand, prime, paint, stain, brush, seal...sand, prime, paint, stain, brush, seal...that's pretty much all I have done for the last 14 days. I am happy to say that all I have to do tomorrow (technically it is tomorrow, ha!) is seal the bottom of the cabinets that are on the floor. I have played around with a few samples of paint and had a painter come by yesterday to give me a quote. I told him that I really like the red because it makes the cabinets stand out and he agreed. So we decided (for now) to stick with the red. He will be back next week to re-paint one wall and touch-up around the cabinets. I wanted to paint the kitchen myself but don't really trust my "cutting in" skills at the moment. I have put in over 60 hours and worked way too hard to mess them up. I took a break from painting this afternoon so Miss Priss and I could head to Little Feet to get her some new sandals. I love sandal season! After Nick got his haircut, we took Ella out to celebrate turning 19 months. She is such a big girl!


19 doors (x2, I did the backs also) and 7 drawers later...
I don't like how the red looks in this picture.
It's really a deeper red in person.
We heart Memphis Pizza Cafe!!

3 comments:

THE CHITTOMS said...

Your cabinets look great :)! I can't wait to see them in person!

Happy 19 months, sweet Ella :)! The last picture is too sweet!

Ginna Abbey said...

Love the cabinets... You now need to help me with the baby furniture... I want it to look just like that :)

The Gapens said...

You did an AWESOME job! I love them!