Tuesday, August 4, 2009

1st Family Vacay


Well, we survived our first family beach vacation. It was a little different this year since we are now a family of three. I figured it would be hard for Ella to adjust since she is so used to a structured routine, but she did GREAT! I made my list of things to pack weeks before we left, and made sure everything was all organized for our trip. I realized that with a baby you really have to be EXTRA prepared for anything and everything.

We shared a condo at The Phoenix with Dave, Maribeth, and Pittman Crews. Ella absolutely loved the beach, and even played in the sand with Pittman. We layed on the beach, went swimming, ate great food, and went shopping. One night we ate at the Hangout. The food was great, and there was no wait, which is definitely a plus. It was so kid-friendly too. We ate lunch one day at Lambert's (home of the "THROWED" rolls) which had the best home-cooked food I have ever put in my mouth. My friend Lauranne told me that we had to eat at Cosmos for dinner, so that's where we ate Friday night. We waited for an hour and a half, but it was well worth it. The food was fantastic and Ella hung in there like a champ (even though it was passed her bedtime).

On our way home we stopped in Madison to have dinner with a few of Nick's co-workers and gave Ella a break from riding. All in all she rode really well. As long as she was eating or sleeping it was a smooth ride for all of us.

We all had the best time and can't wait to go back again next year. Enjoy the slideshow!



Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Orange Beach July 2009






1 comment:

THE CHITTOMS said...

I love the beach pics... looks like a blast! I am so proud that Ella was such a trooper! She is a water baby no doubt! You have such a beautiful family!