Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Ella!

Our baby girl turned 1 year old today! Thanks everyone for the sweet cards, text messages, and phone calls. From the time she woke up until she went to bed the camcorder was in her face. We tried to make her big day really special. Nick made her chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast...her fav!! After breakfast we ran a few errands, followed by a LONG nap. As soon as Nick came home from work she opened her gifts from us. We played for a little bit, then it was time to eat. Samantha brought Emerson over for cupcakes and punch. After the mess was cleaned up and Ella had a bath, we headed to the mexican restaurant for dinner. We had to do an early dinner because I had a JA meeting that I absolutely could not miss ( I know...booooo me). It was okay though, they had 3 full hours of father/daughter time. I just can't believe how fast this year has flown by. She will never know just how much she means to us and how much she has taught us along the way. For that, I am truly grateful!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELLA!!



The Birthday Girl



getting ready for her birthday breakfast



"Do you want some mama?"




Quick pic before he headed to work.
She wasn't completely clean so he was trying to avoid the mess.

Of course I had to get a pic of her birthday outfit.




after her nap





opening her gifts...she loved the paper!


Daddy had to help a little bit.


This one was definitely a hit...



but the ball pit was her fav!


She loved the door! She would go in, peak her head out of the window,
and then come right back out...a hundred times!!


diggin' in







She just smiled when they sang "Happy Birthday" to her




















































































4 comments:

THE CHITTOMS said...

Happy Birthday Ella... I am so glad you had such a wonderful day :)! You are a precious baby girl... I LOVE the birthday outfit and that ball pit looks like a lot of fun!!! We can't wait to see you soon! Love y all!!!

The Marleys said...

Happy Birthday, Ella!!

Katie said...

That sounds like a great birthday!! I wish someone would make me pancakes for my birthday. :) Happy birthday to your sweet baby girl!

The Gapens said...

Happy Birthday Ella!
She looks like she had the perfect 1st birthday. I love her outfit! Too cute!