Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I would like to thank...

the inventor of the BABY GATE.
We headed to Toys R Us Saturday to get Ella some Christmas presents. #1 on my list was "baby gate". While Nick's parents kept Ella entertained, Nick & I decided on a gate. I'm pretty sure it's the tallest one they make. Ella has become a pretty good climber in the last couple of months, so we couldn't take any chances. Nick and his dad put it up as soon as we got home from shopping. When they finished installing it she of course had to check it out. She did exactly what we thought she would do...stood on the bottom rail and shook it as hard as she could until she was out of breath. It definitely keeps Ella out of the kitchen but Dallas can still jump over it from the standing position. Now I can mop, cook and keep water in the dog bowl all while Ella is on the other side. I can't even begin to tell you how this gate has changed my life!!!! Seriously!
Our new gate!! Merry Christmas to me!!

trying to squeeze through

trying to climb that gate sure does make her thirsty


couldn't you just suck her little face??


2 comments:

The Gapens said...

Mommy, how can you resist that precious face? Baby gates are wonderful until they learn to open them! Get ready! :)

THE CHITTOMS said...

I agree with Erin... she has a precious face annnnnd she is such a smart baby girl and will eventually master that gate! Until then, ENJOY!