Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Hernando Parade

Last night was the Hernando Christmas Parade. They close the square at 5:30, so we parked our vehicles earlier to make sure we had a perfect seat. When we got to the parade at 6:30 it was PACKED! We had our little kiddo bundled up with snacks and juice on hand. That was the best/longest parade ever...it lasted 90 minutes. My child sat through the ENTIRE parade. She had so much fun! When we got home from the parade, we took some Reindeer Food and "Dear Santa" letters to some of the kids in our cove.



We didn't even try to rough it in the cold. The heat was on full blast.



Samantha & Emerson





Nick, Jennifer, Samantha, & the kiddos






Rudolph nose






Family pic






Quentin & Emerson






Clapping for the Band







She kept leaning over to watch the parade go by


















Santa on top of the firetruck




I made these when Ella was taking her morning nap. My paper cutter has been boxed up since I brought my stuff home from school, so I figured I would NEVER find it. Luckily, it was in the first box I opened.









































3 comments:

THE CHITTOMS said...

That baby girl is too cute! It looks like y'all had so much fun!

What a neat idea with the Santa letters and reindeer food!

Ashley Pollan said...

Thanks Steph! I used to do it with my students and they loved it. There are different recipes & sayings all over the internet. I will bring those sweet boys some reindeer food Friday night. Can't wait to see ya'll!!

The Gapens said...

I swear the parade gets longer every year. It's so weird that we never run into you guys in Hernando.

We were parked on the square too. Reed loved it! We will definitely try to park there every year.