Friday, November 20, 2009

Attempting to decorate

I made my first attempt to decorate for Christmas a few days ago. I know...we haven't even had Thanksgiving but I'm just not one of those people who decorates "the day of". This year I am taking baby steps (pun intended). I have heard so many horror stories about kids and how they can destroy a tree in minutes. With Ella's track record I just knew I was in for a treat. As I decorated her tree I talked about how it is so important for her not to snatch the ribbon and ornaments off. I told her that she could only touch and that was it. Trying to explain and reason with a 15 month old really can be a chore but she did great! So far everything is still intact. So far...




showing mommy how she "touches"...



...and again



and again



taking a break to read a book



decorating is so exhausting


throwing a slight hissy



supporting daddy's bulldogs

Nick & I brought this ornament back for Ella. It's tacky but I love it!


TA-DA!!
the finished product

Pretty much the same as last year except I added some glittery, green ribbon and a couple new ornaments





















































2 comments:

The Gapens said...

I love your tree, Ella! Reed's tree has already been decorated 3 times, and we just started yesterday!

We have tractors, bulldozers, fire trucks, etc. that he insists on taking off and playing with them.

I am sure I will be redecorating his tree many times this holiday season!

THE CHITTOMS said...

I love it... her tree is beautiful!

I also love the hissy fit picture... tell her that the Chittoms will buy her a beautiful Rebel T Shirt to make her feel all better :) HA!

Have a great Thanksgiving this week!!!