Saturday, November 7, 2009

2 Tickets To Paradise

I've been meaning to post our vacation pics for a while but knew it would take forever to upload all of the pictures. I took an obnoxiously large amount while we were there (nothing new). The ones that I posted are about a third of what I took. This year's Gold Cup reward trip was in Kauai, Hawaii and it was, by far, the BEST vacation EVER!! The weather was perfect and the people were so nice.

We have known for months about this trip so I had a while to get "mentally" prepared to leave Ella. It was the HARDEST thing I have ever done. I have never been a single day without her, so it was a HUGE adjustment. I knew she was in excellent hands. Nick's mom stayed for 4 days and my mom stayed for 4 also. It was me that I was worried about. I even debated on whether or not I should even go. Crazy...I know. Just to let you know...I made it! Nick...not so much. It was a little touch-n-go there for a while. He was worried SICK. He still had tons of fun though!

A few of us decided to go out a day early, so we wouldn't be exhausted when all of the activities started. That was the best idea! While we were there we consumed way too many fruity drinks, ate entirely too much food, and got enough sun to last us until our next beach vacation. We met a lot of people but pretty much hung out with our little group, which was nice. We went horseback riding, did the zipline, sailed on the catamaran, snorkelled along the N'pali coast,and had a couples massage. We even had gifts waiting on us each night in our hotel room. My favorite was the BOSE sounddock for our ipod. It was all well-worth the 12 hour plane ride there and back. I hope you enjoy the pics!!

Thanks again to my AMAZING husband for winning such an AWESOME trip!!

And ESPECIALLY thanks to our moms and dads that took off to stay with Ella!!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Gold Cup Trip 2009






























1 comment:

Katie said...

Great pics!!! I am so jealous! Maybe I will win it someday. :)