Friday, January 30, 2009

Rock-A-Bye Baby

As I mentioned earlier in another post I am flying solo this weekend. When Nick is out of town I usually expect for the days to be long. Today was definitely one of those days. I'm not complaining, just stating the obvious. Ella was unusually clingy and whiney, which is so not like her. She will usually take 2 really good naps each day, but not today. Maybe, it's teeth or a belly ache...who knows. But I did everything humanly possible to appease her. The pediatrician advised me, at her 2 month check-up, to stop rocking her to sleep. So that is exactly what I did. From that day forward I would put her in her crib awake or really sleepy. She got so used to falling asleep on her own that she stopped letting me rock her...ever. But today was different. After several attempts of trying to put her down she would not fall asleep on her own. She screamed loud enough to shatter glass. Finally, I played her lullaby music, rubbed her back, and rocked her straight to sleep. It reminded me of how much I miss doing that. That was the perfect end to a long day. Thank you Ella. Goodnight and sweet dreams.

2 comments:

Tim and Kristi Schaefer said...

Be very proud of yourself because I CAN NOT let Aidan cry. We have tried several times to just put him in his bed to go to sleep but he seriously will cry for an hour!! So, I finally give in and just go and get him!! BUT normally he just goes to sleep to his last bottle so that's not all my fault!

THE CHITTOMS said...

Sounds like she needed some mommy love today :). She is growing so fast and is just beautiful!!! If you need some company, call us!

Love

Steph and Will!!!